The longest cruise holiday ever offered in the United States will next year see travellers join five river and coastal cruises and one overland tour in an epic, 62-night, coast-to-coast trip through 20 States with American Cruise Lines.
And to help Australians experience this history-making itinerary from August, 2024, Australian small ship cruise specialist, Cruise Traveller, has released a special package that includes free return flights to the US and extensive savings of A$7660 per person, twin-share, for bookings made by June 30, 2023.
Offered in partnership with American Cruise Lines, Cruise Traveller’s 62-night package is aptly named ‘The Great United States’ and promises a kaleidoscope of scenery from the rugged gorges and mountains of America’s west to the storied Mississippi River, the romantic coastline of New England, the autumn colours of the north-east and the pulsating energy of New York.
The grand adventure begins on August 15, 2024, with a flight from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne to Portland, Oregon, for a night’s stay. The itinerary that follows features:
* Seven-night cruise along the breathtaking Columbia and Snake Rivers from Portland to Clarkston in the State of Washington aboard American Cruise Lines’ river ship, American Harmony
* Guided, seven-night coach tour from Clarkston across Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, including wild, glacier-carved peaks, Glacier National Park, the world-famous geysers of Yellowstone National Park and the awe-inspiring lakes, alpine terrain and wildlife of Grand Teton National Park
* Flight from Wyoming to New Orleans in Louisiana for a night’s stay, followed by a complete, 21-night Mississippi River cruise aboard American Cruise Lines’ river ship, American Symphony, all the way from New Orleans in the south to St Paul, Minnesota, in America’s north – the most comprehensive Mississippi cruise available, covering 2250km and journeying through 10 States.
* Flight to Portland, Maine, for a two-night stay, then a panoramic, seven-night coastal cruise from Portland to Boston aboard American Cruise Lines’ boutique ship, American Independence
* Guests remain onboard American Independence for a scenic, seven-night coastal cruise from Boston to New York
* Remain onboard again for another seven-night journey aboard American Independence, this time a colour-filled, autumn foliage cruise along the Hudson River, round-trip from New York, followed by a two-night stay in New York and then the included flight back home to Australia.
Snapshot of inclusions and features – ‘The Great United States’ package
* 62 nights from August 15, 2023
* Free return flights from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne to the US
* Five river and coastal cruises totalling 49 nights, one seven-night overland tour and a total of six night’s hotel accommodation
* Two domestic flights in the US
* Excursions on each cruise
The 62-night ‘Great United States’ fly, cruise, tour and stay package is available from A$84,695 per person, twin-share – a saving of A$7660 each. The savings and free return flights to the US apply to bookings made by June 30, 2023.
Cruise Traveller is Australia’s premier, small ship cruise specialist, representing 57 boutique, luxury and expedition cruising operators around the world.