Luxury river cruise company, Tauck, has announced the launch of six new European river cruise itineraries for 2024, each offering an exclusive dinner experience ashore at a historic castle or private palace. This marks the most significant expansion of Tauck’s river cruise offerings in a year, offering something for new and loyal past guests alike.
According to Tauck CEO Dan Mahar, the new itineraries will include exclusive pre or post-cruise hotel stays in new-to-Tauck cities, such as Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, and Montreux and Geneva, Switzerland. Each itinerary will feature a unique dining experience at a lavish venue, ranging from an elegant Viennese palace to a Dutch castle on its own private island.
Tauck’s fantastic food and drink-related experiences will not be limited to the exclusive dinner experiences. Guests can also look forward to wine tastings in Burgundy and the Lavaux region of Switzerland, a brewery tour in Antwerp, and a craft beer tour in Dusseldorf. Tasting tours are also available in various cities and towns, including Frankfurt, Strasbourg, and Chalon-Sur-Saône, France.
Tauck guests can also look forward to unique access and memorable moments, such as early admission to the home, gardens, and studio of Impressionist painter Claude Monet in Giverny, France, a guided excursion into the rock-cut tunnels beneath Nuremberg, and a stroll across the Peak Walk by Tissot, a high-altitude suspension bridge offering stunning views of the Matterhorn, Mont-Blanc, and Jungfrau.
All of Tauck’s exceptional dining and tasting experiences are included in the price of the river cruises, as are all shore excursions, all gratuities, all onboard beverages (including all beer, wine and spirits), airport transfers, luggage handling, and much more.
Tauck’s 2024 river cruise itineraries include:
- Danube Kingdoms: Bavaria, Austria & Hungary – Munich to Budapest; 12 days from $10,130 AUD per person plus airfare.
- Three Rivers: Danube, Main & Rhine – Amsterdam to Regensburg (or reverse); 10 days from $8,680 AUD per person plus airfare
- Rhine Connoisseur: Montreux to Brussels – Montreux to Brussels (or reverse); 11 days from $9,840 AUD per person plus airfare
- Hidden Waterways of Flanders and Holland – Brussels to Amsterdam (or reverse); eight days from $6,800 AUD per person plus airfare
- River Seine: Châteaux, Impressionism & Normandy – begins and ends near Paris at Le Pecq; eight days from $7,230 AUD per person plus airfare
- La Belle Vie: The Rhône, Geneva & The Riviera – Cannes to Geneva (or reverse); 14 days from $11,580 AUD plus airfare
Information on Tauck’s complete portfolio of 2024 river cruises can be found on the company’s website or by contacting a local travel professional.