Coral Expeditions, Australia’s pioneering cruise line, announces the release of an inaugural culinary themed itinerary inspired by the bountiful shores of the Southern Ocean between Adelaide and Melbourne. The 8-night voyage departing on December 1st, 2024, on our expedition flagship Coral Adventurer will allow guests to discover the very best of the regions produce, meet local growers, and explore the world class wine regions of South Australia and Victoria on a uniquely Australian taste adventure.
Along the way enjoy the freshest of seafoods, experience native ingredients and organic produce accompanied by world class wines, craft brews and artisanal spirits. Indulge in wild ocean farmed abalone on Kangaroo Island and freshly caught Australian lobster in the traditional fishing outpost of Robe. Learn about the myriad of culinary and medicinal uses of fungi and sample native indigenous bush ingredients found in the wild. Meet passionate local producers, growers and distillers and share their handicrafts and stories over a tipple. Connect with nature as you enjoy a leisurely circumnavigation around the remote seal colony of Lady Julia Percy Island and take in the spectacle of a sunset sail by of the 12 Apostles. Our expert guides will lead the way and we will be joined onboard and ashore by local characters.
A key highlight will be a feature “Taste of the Southern Ocean” dinner event onboard in the historic Port McDonnell where our chefs will partner with local culinary experts to create a special menu which will be paired with curated wines from the renowned Eden Valley, Barossa, Adelaide Hills and McLaren Vale regions.
“This is an exciting new themed voyage in our schedule” said Operations and Hospitality Director Marcus Dudley. “Our culinary offerings often play a supporting role to the natural and cultural attractions of our destinations, so we are very excited to develop an itinerary that puts these into the spotlight. Our regular guests enjoy our approach to create quality small batch cuisine prepared daily in our galley and inspired by the regions we travel. This will be a fun and flavour filled adventure.”
- Visit Kangaroo Island and sample award winning locally farmed sustainable Abalone and sample locally made wines and regional produce
- Indulge in freshly caught Australian lobster in the remote fishing outpost of Robe
- Discover the remarkable world of fungi as you learn about their ecological importance and myriad of uses with an off the grid entrepreneur
- Savour artisanal produce paired with premium wines at a local vineyard in the Limestone Coast
- Circumnavigate the remote Lady Julia Percy Island and be entertained by the local seal colony
- Discover indigenous hinterland bush food and hear how local families seek to educate on the viability of endemic species in food production
- Learn about the innovative cooperative approach to sustainable agribusiness on the Great Ocean Road
- Sail past the 12 Apostles at sunset and raise a glass to this iconic landscape whilst enjoying a rare perspective from the sea
- Enjoy guided walks through the RAMSAR protected wetlands of Phillip Island, understanding the importance of this sensitive and essential ecosystem
- Hear from a passionate chef, one of the forerunners of championing wild foods as you dine on locally sourced Philip Island produce
The voyage is on sale from Thursday 13th July 2023 and with a maximum capacity of 60 staterooms. Prices start from $7,300 per person twin share. A special early bird saving of 10% will be offered for all guests who book before the 31st of July 2023.