P&O Cruises, Australia’s favourite cruise line, today revealed its 2024-2025 programme, featuring an unrivalled season of 157 sailings that will call into 46 destinations acrossิAustralia, New Zealand and the South Pacific Islands.
During the season, the line’s fleet of three ships, Pacific Adventure, Pacific Encounter and Pacific Explorer, is expected to collectively carry more than half a million passengers (520,000), making it the cruise line’s most ambitious season of sailings on record.
Marguerite Fitzgerald, President of P&O Cruises Australia, said that they have been listening to guests and evolving the brand’s offering for 2024/2025 to ensure its contemporary suite of services and variety of itineraries hits the sweet spot for Aussie travellers.
“No other cruise line understands the Australian cruise market like our homegrown brand, P&O, and we are offering more of what Aussies love – such as island getaways, short break escapes, themed events and visiting idyllic ‘bucket list’ destinations.
“We’ve also introduced more ways for holiday-makers to make unforgettable memories with increased access to exclusive facilities and more choice in entertainment, dining and activities than ever before,” said Ms Fitzgerald.
Highlights of the new 2024-25 season include:
• Year-round sailings from Sydney and Brisbane: there are over 60 itineraries on Pacific Adventure and 50 on Pacific Encounter to choose from, including a mixture of 3-night short break getaways and Pacific Island voyages. Brand new itineraries include a 7-night itinerary
from Sydney to Adelaide and Kangaroo Island, and a 7-night itinerary from Brisbane with calls to Townsville and Conflict Islands in January 2025.
• Mini seasons for Victoria, South Australia and West Australia: P&O’s flagship Pacific Explorer will home-port in key Australian cities as it journeys around the country. The impressive schedule includes 14 round-trip cruises from Melbourne, eight cruises from Adelaide and five cruises from Fremantle. West Australian cruisers in particular can look forward to the new one-way Asia Explorer cruises to and from Singapore that call into Phuket, Langkawi, Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang) and Lombok in March 2025.
• New Zealand will play host to Pacific Explorer: Kiwis will enjoy a choice of twelve roundtrip cruises from Auckland between April to July 2025. An exciting program addition is the inaugural 14-night Queensland Explorer Voyager itinerary in June 2025.
• New short-break themed cruises: there are three new ways to party with P&O!
o Dancing queens – get ready to boogie all night long on the Disco Glam cruise;
o Pay tribute to boy/girl bands and the grunge era on 90s/00s (“nineties & noughties”)
o No-one does an Aussie theme like P&O, so get Aussie-anthem ready for the new
Aussie Classics cruises.
• Increased access to the private onboard Byron Beach Club for additional mini-suite categories: by popular demand, more P&O guests will enjoy the spoils of the exclusive rooftop Byron Beach Club on Pacific Adventure and Pacific Encounter; enjoying the chance to swim and lounge about in the spacious, well-appointed zones.