One of the key homeports for Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest ship, Norwegian Viva, Portugal’s capital Lisbon is one of the Mediterranean’s most vibrant and captivating cities.
Lisbon is one of the Norwegian Viva’s homeports, offering guests an ideal opportunity to explore the city’s culture, colour, and cuisine during a pre-cruise stay.
Norwegian Viva will offer 9 or 10-day open-jaw sailings to Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy calling to the most sought-after cultural and seaside destinations of the Western Mediterranean, including Valencia, Spain; Villefranche, France; and Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy.
The 10-day Mediterranean: Italy, France & Spain sailing departing Lisbon, Portugal on 08 November 2024 visiting 11 ports offers exceptional value with fares from just AUD $3,372/ NZD $3,648 per person*. Voyage highlights include five ports in sunny Spain – Seville (Cadiz), Motril, Ibiza, Palma (Majorca) and Barcelona as well as ports in the south of France and Italy, where guests can discover the storied villages of Provence (Marseille), the glitz and glamour of Nice/Monaco (Villefranche), and the timeless treasures of Florence/Pisa (Livorno) and Rome.
Things to do on a day (or three) in Lisbon:
- Ride Tram 28, one of the city’s most scenic routes traversing iconic neighbourhoods including Baixa, Graça, Alfama, and Estrela.
- Book a shore excursion to the romantic 13th century hilltop village of Obidos, a fairytale destination with narrow cobblestoned streets, charming architecture and a stone-walled medieval castle overlooking a vineyard-lined valley.
- Enjoy some of the best views in Lisbon, along with a blend of Roman and Moorish architecture, in the hilltop district of Alfama – home to cobblestoned streets, traditional Fado music clubs, boutique and lively restaurants.
- Join NCL’s Majestic Scenery & Wine excursion to tour the town of Azeirao, best known for its Moscatel de Setubal, and sample local wines before enjoying impressive views in Arrabida National Park.
- Ride the century-old neo-Gothic Santa Justa Elevator for fantastic city views
- Explore historical monuments and museums in the waterfront area of Belém, including Belém Palace and the ornate UNESCO World Heritage-listed Monastery of St. Jerome on the Tagus River waterfront – and pop into the renowned Pasteis de Belém café to try a traditional Portugese egg tart.
- Book a Go Local – Lisbon Soul shore excursion to delve into the city’s authentic character on a guided walking tour through the city’s most atmospheric districts, sampling delicious Portugese delicacies along the way. Stops include a delicatessen in the Baixa district, sweet cherry liquer (ginja) in the Moorish Mouraria district and riding a tram to the historic Graça district for a taste of traditional local life.
- Join the excursion – Go Local – Meet the Locals at the Market & Fishermen – and mingle at the lively waterfront Setubal seafood market then dine on sublime fresh seafood including local specialty ‘choco frito’ (fried cuttlefish) at a local restaurant.
Mirroring the design of the award-winning sister ship Norwegian Prima, Norwegian Viva features standout onboard experiences including the Viva Speedway—the three-level racetrack; Indulge Food Hall, an upscale food market exhibiting 11 unique eateries; the fastest slides at sea, The Drop and Rush; and NCL’s industry-exclusive sustainable cocktail bar, the Metropolitan Bar. Norwegian Viva also features a world-class entertainment lineup, headlined by the side-splitting Tony Award®-nominated comedy “Beetlejuice The Musical” and the iconic game show “Press Your Luck LIVE,” an immersive experience where the audience participates to win incredible grand prizes.
For more information or to book a cruise with NCL, please contact a travel professional; call NCL in Australia on 1300 255 200 or in New Zealand on 0800 969 283; or visit www.ncl.com.