In a highly anticipated event, MSC Cruises has announced the details for the Naming Ceremony of its groundbreaking vessel, MSC Euribia. Set to take place on June 8th in Copenhagen, and the Scandinavian capital was chosen for its rich maritime heritage and unwavering commitment to sustainability. The launch of MSC Euribia marks a significant milestone for the cruise line, symbolizing its vision for a sustainable future and dedication to protecting the marine environment.
MSC Euribia, dubbed “Built for the future,” represents the pinnacle of energy-efficient cruise ship design. It is the second vessel in MSC Cruises’ fleet to be powered by LNG, the cleanest and most commercially available fuel. The ship will feature state-of-the-art environmental technologies, including advanced wastewater treatment systems, waste management handling, energy efficiency measures, and innovative underwater radiated noise management systems to minimize its impact on the marine ecosystem.
An Evening to Remember
To commemorate the launch of MSC Euribia, MSC Cruises plans to host a grand Naming Ceremony, bringing together local dignitaries, key travel partners, international media, and notable personalities. Among the esteemed guests will be Hollywood icon and Oscar-winning actress Sophia Loren, who holds a long-standing personal relationship with the cruise line. Loren will proudly serve as the ship’s Godmother, marking her 19th MSC Cruises vessel.
The well-known Danish television host, actress, and model Sarah Grünewald will lead the proceedings and will assume the role of Master of Ceremony. The event promises a time-honoured tradition of breaking a champagne bottle over the vessel’s bow, an exquisite gala dinner, and live entertainment. The night will culminate with a special DJ set by the world-renowned French DJ and record producer Bob Sinclar.
Northern Europe’s Jewel
MSC Euribia will embark on a series of 7-night sailings in Northern Europe this summer following the Naming Ceremony. Departing from Kiel, Germany, and Copenhagen, Denmark, the ship will venture into the enchanting Norwegian Fjords, treating passengers to breathtaking destinations such as Geiranger, Ålesund, and Flaam.
Discovering MSC Euribia
Guests attending the Naming Ceremony will have the exclusive opportunity to explore the exceptional features, amenities, and rich onboard experiences offered by MSC Euribia. Here are some key highlights:
- Street. 2023 Artwork: The l’Atelier du Voyageur bar showcases the captivating artwork “Street. 2023” by renowned British artist Julian Opie. The comprehensive 11 x 2-meter purpose-built LED screen features Opie’s distinctive style of walking figures.
- The Carousel Lounge: Located aft of the ship, The Carousel Lounge offers stunning panoramic ocean views and an enhanced layout. Guests can relax during the day or participate in various leisure activities, including nightly performances by the Big Band at Sea, one of the most influential big bands onboard.
- Revolutionary Kids’ Area: Spanning an impressive 700 sqm, the dedicated kids’ area provides seven rooms tailored to different age groups from 0 to 17 years. A highlight is the newly introduced MSC Foundation Lab, offering educational activities focused on environmental subjects.
- Dining Delights: MSC Euribia offers ten dining venues, including five specialty restaurants. Noteworthy options include Le Grill, a stylish French bistro meets steakhouse, and Kaito Sushi & Robatayaki, featuring a Robatayaki for the first time.
- Aquatic Adventures: The ship boasts five pools and the Ocean Cay AquaPark, a magnificent coral-themed waterpark offering endless fun with its three water slides.
- The Delphi Theatre: With a seating capacity of 945, the Delphi Theatre presents world-class live entertainment every evening, featuring an entire seven-day program of big-production shows.
- Bars and Lounges: MSC Euribia caters to all preferences with its 21 bars and lounges, including five outdoor and 16 indoor areas, providing ample opportunities for relaxation and socializing.
- Galleria Euribia: Guests can explore and connect at Galleria Euribia, the longest LED Dome at sea. This vibrant space offers a range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options to discover.
As MSC Cruises prepares for the momentous Naming Ceremony of MSC Euribia, excitement is building for unveiling this environmentally advanced ship. With its commitment to sustainability, cutting-edge technologies, and remarkable onboard experiences, MSC Euribia is set to redefine the future of cruising.
Please visit the official MSC Cruises website for more information about MSC Euribia and upcoming sailings.